OM Mandala Pillow with the Draw-Sew-Trim technique
Time & Location
About the Event
Tutor: Mrs Katalin Horvath
Theme: Om Mandala Pillow with the Draw – Sew – Trim technique.
This colourful mandala is not only a wonderful gift to a friend. It has a beneficial effect on your mind and soul as you are making it, all the love and care you are devoting into it will radiate to your loved ones, as they are around.
This quick and fun project will lighten up your day.
Size: Finished size is 50cm x 50cm (20" x 20").
Workshop Price (incl. TAX): £65 / person
Kit is available (separately): £19.90 (incl. TAX)
The kit contains:
- Instruction sheet is sent out via email.
- 1pc of white interfacing with the design printed on it.
- white or light lilac satin for background and backing.
- aubergine lilac batik fabric for the binding and the first row of petals.
- golden satin for the letter OM.
- purple for the second row of petals.
- lavender batik for the third row of petals.
- lilac print for the fourth row (double petals).
- orchid pink batik for the fifth row (double petals).
- violet for the sixth row of petals.
- white backing for the quilting of the cushion top.
- Batting/wadding is NOT included. You will need a size of 55 cm x 55 cm piece of your favourite kind.
- You need to know how to operate your sewing machine securely.
- You need to know how to use your tools (rotary cutter, scissors, pins etc.) securely.
- You will need to use straight stitches and dense zig-zag stitches on your machine
Sewing machines with accessories, pressing foot, (darning foot and applique foot optional) zipper and zipper foot is optional, rotary cutter, cutting mat at least 20” on one side, cutting ruler, marking pencil, sharp fabric scissors, fabrics prepared and matching coloured threads according to the pattern that will be sent out to participants, (kits are available to order prior to the event on extra cost), pins, spare sewing machine needles, seam ripper, extra bobbins.
Please print out and bring the instruction sheet with you. It will be sent out via email to all participants.
This document will include fabric and thread requirements for the workshop.
I will provide the pattern printed on an interfacing on the day so that you are ready starting with your project. Of course I will explain everything that you need to know about transferring your design to the interfacing, but to be able to get started quickly we will work on a printed design.
You will learn the basics of the Draw-Sew-Trim technique through creating the Om Mandala Pillow.
Lunch and refreshments:
1 tea or coffee and biscuits are included in the price.
Lunch can be purchased at the hotel buffet. The selection of menus will be sent out via email.
12 Knyveton Rd, Bournemouth BH1 3QP, UK
"Google Maps Code" details:
- OM Mandala Pillow with DST£65£650£0
- OM Mandala Pillow Kit optional£19.90£19.900£0