This quilt was inspired by a Buddha sculpture. The mantra OM MANI PADME HUM and a lotus flower bring peace and quiet into our space and mind.
This pattern is instructed using the "Draw-Sew-Trim" technique, that makes the applique process easier, faster and more accurate.
(The beautiful, magazine-style, detailed, step-by-step tutorial eBook is available in my webshop:
is available separately too on the webshop.
BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
Basic applique and a little free motion quilting.
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Size: 60 cm x 50 cm (24" x 20")
VIDEO TUTORIALS (YouTube):
You can find useful YouTube video-tutorials in my playlist, there are three of them for this pattern:
1) In the first video see how you can save time on marking, cutting, ironing your pieces demonstrated on the Buddha face.
2) In this second video see how the pieces are created at their final places without any fusible web, giving no chance to mix the pieces up. This part is demonstrated on the lotus flower.
3) In the next, third video I will show you how to add details to your applique with thread painting and how easy it is to create signs with the draw-sew-trim technique. We will add details both to the face and the lotus flower. Also we will add a beatiful mantra to our picture.
"Buddha & Lotus" Wall Hanging / DST-pattern
- 6" x 6" (15cm x 15cm) of three or four kinds of pink and white cotton, silk or satin.
- 20" x 24" (50cm x 60cm) batting
- 9" x 6" (23cm x 15cm) dark brown batik or textured fabric for the shadows.
This is a "short & simple-style" pattern, created in .pdf format.
This file format can be handled by all main types of devices (MS, OS, Android based IT devices).